“I just know that they're counting on me,” says Julie Womble, Author and Veteran Advocate. Julie’s latest book Prized Possession is about a homeless veteran who meets a young girl, forever changing them. Julie’s strong desire to help veterans inspired her writing and her dream of one day opening a facility for homeless veterans: Hero’s Haven.
Julie always cared about the veteran population. And when her son received a small bible from a homeless man, presumed to be a veteran, she felt that she had to take action. Fueled by passion, Julie works to create a haven for veterans in need, no matter how long it takes. Although dreams are never a sure thing, she trusts that God has put her in the right place to help a demographic that holds a special place in her heart.
Tune into this week’s episode of Move Forward Anyway for an uplifting conversation on building a dream. Learn more about Julie’s dedication to veterans, how the idea for Hero’s Haven inspired her second book, and why you should never forget that if you build it, they will come.
• “I just believe that this is where God wants me to be with all my heart. And it's going to work out. It's going to work out. I know it has to be here. Even if it doesn't work out, I know the Lord wants me here.” (9:00 - 9:24)
• “I do get discouraged because I want it to move faster.” (11:10 - 11:13)
• “Keep your “why” in front of it, why you want to do this so badly.” (14:21 - 14:25)
• “Go all in. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but at least you tried.” (14:28 - 14:34)
Get in touch with Julie Womble:
Get in touch with host Jeff Meyer:
- Schedule a Discovery Call with Jeff: https://go.oncehub.com/DreamAcceleratorDiscoveryCall