Do you have a deep-rooted dream you long to pursue, but feel held back by self-doubt, the possibility of failure, and the relentless demands of everyday life? Taking the leap of faith to make your dream a reality and overcome the seeds of doubt planted by those who say “it’s too risky” can feel downright discouraging, causing you to question your know-how, your expertise, and even your dream itself. But here’s God’s honest truth: your dream IS worth pursuing, and you don’t have to figure out how to bring it to life alone. With years of experience in helping people realize their potential and a unique gift for turning what feels like an either-or choice into a both-and opportunity, Author, Pastor, and Dream Architect Jeff Meyer has helped dozens of professionals just like you learn how to turn your dream into a viable source of income so you can live without regret and finally experience the deep satisfaction of utilizing your gifts to create meaningful change in the world — all without leaving your day job. Tune in each week to learn how to break free from the hidden barriers that hold you back from achieving your dream and get the practical action steps you need to turn your dream into a clear plan of action — and maybe even win the enthusiastic support of your closest friends and family in the process. It’s time to stop doubting your dream and start living it — the real question is, are you ready?
Tuesday Mar 07, 2023
Tuesday Mar 07, 2023
Tuesday Mar 07, 2023
“I think pastors have been removed from leadership development all the way up to ordination, and I think that grieves the heart of God,” shares Pastor Tim Ahlman with the Christ Greenfield church. Tim is a third generation pastor and leader with the Unite Leadership Collective. His dream is to unite congregations and work together to multiply disciples as a collective. Leadership development and discipleship are two sides of the same coin and without strong leaders, the church will not be able to spread the message of God to as many people.
Many pastors make the mistake of getting more caught up in the show and in being a big personality rather than actually growing the church. As a pastoral leader, you need to fall in love with development and bringing more people to Jesus’ table. Without strong leadership, the collective will fall apart and the mission of spreading God’s love to as many people as possible before Jesus returns will fail. Pastors may face internal and external resistance when presented with the idea of change, but it is important to push through that and recognize that fear and resistance as the voice of Satan. Ministry often feels isolating as pastors have been wrongly led to believe that it is wrong for them to have friends. However, no one can do everything alone, even Jesus had friends. Find people who can be your safety net and work together to reach your dreams.
If you feel the calling to pastoral leadership, do not let fear stop you from spreading the message of God’s love. It takes time to build trust between congregations, but coming together allows for a greater multiplication of discipleship.
• “Discipleship is more caught than taught.” (5:52-5:54 | Tim)
• “Everything rises and falls on leadership. And by the grace of God, I am in a very healthy circuit and a very healthy district.” (12:03-12:12 | Tim)
• “It's a slow go in building trust between congregations. It does not happen overnight.” (16:45-16:49 | Tim)
• “This is not about me. This is about Him, and then it's about our work together.” (23:43-23:49 | Tim)
• “My desire is not to win. My desire is simply to stay in the game and run with perseverance the race set out for me.” (24:47-24:55 | Tim)
• “I see leadership development and discipleship as two sides of the same coin.” (30:36-30:41 | Tim)
• “I think pastors have been removed from leadership development all the way up to ordination, and I think that grieves the heart of God.” (35:49-34:56 | Tim)
• “Fear is from Satan, and I'm not bringing shame here. It should have no place in the heart of the follower of Jesus.” (38:23-38:31 | Tim)
Get in touch with Tim Ahlman:
Lead Time podcasts: https://www.uniteleadership.org/lead-time-podcast
American Reformation podcasts: https://https://american reformation.buzzsprout.com
United Leadership Collective: https://www.uniteleadership.org/
Christ Greenfield Church: https://christgreenfield.church/
Get in touch with host Jeff Meyer:
Book a FREE 30-Minute Dream Discovery Call with Jeff: https://calendly.com/d/dk6-mzr-dsq
- Schedule a Discovery Call with Jeff: https://go.oncehub.com/DreamAcceleratorDiscoveryCall